As a church we're committed to serving the community around us. Here's where to find out all about some of the activities we put on for the people of Southampton.
Are you a Dad or a male carer? Why not bring your children for a morning of lego?
- When? 9.30-11am on the second Saturday of each month until the end of 2018: 12th May, 9th June, 14th July, 11th August, 8th September, 13th October, 10th November, 8th December
- Where? Lego Breakfast takes place at Burgess Road Library, Burgess Road, Bassett, SO16 3HF
- Who for? It's for Dads and male carers with children aged 3-8
- How much? The session is free, but £1 donation requested for the breakfast.
Breakfast for adults and children is provided. A small donation is requested.
Contact Dan for more information.
(In association with Families First.)
Tots and Teapots is a playgroup for parents and carers to attend with their babies and pre-schoolers, run by Christ Church Southampton. Come along for play, craft, stories, singing, talks and refreshments.
- When? 9:45–11:15am, Thursdays during term time.
- Where? Burgess Road Library, Burgess Road, Bassett, SO16 3HF
- Who? It's for all local parents and carers of babies and preschoolers.
- How much? It's free.
Hot drinks and cakes are served.
Contact Laura for more information.
Want to improve your spoken English? Want to learn more about the British culture? Want to get some proofreading help?
Our English Conversation Cafe is designed for people like you! You will be given properly prepared English material. During the class, you will learn authentic British pronunciation, discuss cultural issues, and learn some useful British phrases, idiom and slang.
- When? 5-6pm every Thursday in uni termtime
- Where? It takes place at Burgess Road Library, Burgess Road, Bassett, SO16 3HF
- Who for? You, if English is not your first language
- How much? It's free.
Tea, coffee and biscuits are served during the class.
Contact James Paterson for more information.
Enjoy singing? Our non-auditioned gospel choir Resound meets Monday evenings from 7:30-9:15pm at Burgess Road Library during term time. It will restart on Monday 10th September.
We sing soulful gospel hits as well as some traditional spirituals and will perform with our band a few times per year, as well as some Christ Church events.
It's a friendly group and there's no need to be a member of a church to join us. For more information, please email Evee
With the withdrawal of public funding, our local library was under threat. Christ Church is working with the Burgess Road Library Action Group and Southampton City Council to keep the doors open for the local community.
If you're interested in getting involved in the project and maybe volunteering your help, we'd love to hear from you. You can get in touch here.
We all struggle with the big questions of life. What's it about? Why are we here? Where are we going? Whenever it feels like we're getting a grip on some answers, they seem to slip away.
Christianity Explored is an informal course we run for the local community in Southampton - it's open to anybody who'd like to explore the big questions and particularly weigh up the answers Christianity gives. Over 6 sessions, it explores who Jesus is, what he said and what it means to follow him today.
You're not asked to pray, sing, or read aloud, and you can ask any question you like. Or, if you prefer, you can come along and simply listen. It's absolutely free.
If you think you might be interested, contact Jonny.