- There's no need to book in ahead of time. We've arranged things to make sure we've got space for you.
- Stay home and watch online if you or any of your household or those you've had recent contact with are showing common symptoms of COVID-19. If you in a vulnerable category, we also recommend you stay home.
- Dress warmly. For public health reasons, the venue is very well ventilated, so you'll need to be prepared for this, especially on cold days. You're welcome to bring a hot drink with you!
- Arrive early - around 10-15 minutes before the gathering begins - so that you are able to
complete Test & Trace, sanitise your hands and be seated safely.
- Unless exempt (eg under-11s), you must
wear a face covering indoors
- You will be invited to participate in the NHS
Test & Trace scheme. Regular church attenders will have their visits
recorded on arrival. If you are visiting (or we don't already have your
name and phone number) we will record these details using an iPad on the morning. Your
temperature will be checked with a contactless thermometer and you will
have the opportunity to sanitise your hands.
- You will be directed to a seat. If placed in a continuous row, please leave three empty seats between your household and the next
group to ensure distancing.
- Those with children under 3 (and no older children) may use a balcony area.
DURING THE GATHERINGS
- There will be no congregational singing, but
we will have a live band and lead singers. You can join in by humming, speaking along or other non-verbal expressions! When outside we are permitted to sing. We ask that you wear a face covering when singing.
- Unfortunately it is not possible to interact with others around you during the gathering. Please keep children with you at all times.
- The children's programme is currently being replaced by a families gathering led by our children's team: those with young children will be invited to join this concurrent all-age gathering for teaching and activities after around 10-15 minutes. Please note you will remain in a family group (at least one parent). Bring children's Bible(s) if you have them.
- If you test positive for COVID-19 after attending one of our gatherings, we ask that you let us know.
- Cafe Christ Church is not currently able to operate. However it is now permissible to interact in a fixed group of six or two households after the gathering outdoors. You may not mingle between groups. Please do abide by this.
- Toilets are available but these will be managed to ensure distancing.
- Be assured that we have full cleaning
procedures in place for the building.
- The full risk assessments are available here and herE
- Still got questions? Ask away!
Please note: We are committed to loving and serving our community well and ensuring the safety of all around us. Our ability to continue meeting in person is reliant on the robustness and consistency of our Covid-security procedures and our determination to apply and enforce these and thereby keep risks negligible. In the case of any elevated risk, we reserve the right to cancel in-person gatherings with minimal notice.
To make sure you are kept up to date with any change of plans or policy, please make sure you are signed up to the weekly Friday email: the email list is also used to communicate late-notice changes up to and including on Sunday.